Hi. I'm Einar Egilsson. I...
...am an icelandic software developer.
...moved back to Iceland in 2014, after living for 7 years in Denmark.
...like to build things!
...am active on all kinds of online things, like Github, Twitter, and Facebook.
...have worked at Libra, Deltek and Trustpilot, mostly doing backend development in .NET. Since 2014 I have worked for myself in my own company, Rauðás Hugbúnaður. We run cardgames.io, one of the most popular card game sites in the world.
...wrote a blog post about The Story of CardGames.io and how I started working on card games for a living.
...can be reached through email.
- Spades, Hearts, Cribbage, Idiot, Go Fish, Whist, Shithead, Switch, Euchre, Crazy Eights, Rummy, Gin Rummy, Spit War
- Solitaire (Klondike), Free Cell, Spider Solitaire, Pyramid Solitaire, Yukon Solitaire, Golf Solitaire, Tri Peaks Solitaire
...sometimes create Visual Studio extensions that do things that I want to do:
- Stop Build On first error
- Diff a piece of selected text against the clipboard
- Generate better names for event handlers
...like .NET, and sometimes create little utilities, or write down tips and tricks related to .NET development:
...sometimes create browser extensions to make my life easier. Extensions go out of date pretty quickly as extension APIs change, but the ones that are still active are:
- Redirector: Automatically redirect from one url to another (client side mod_rewrite) (Chrome, Firefox, Opera)
- Save SVG as PNG: What the name says, save any .svg in your browser as .png (Chrome only)
- Scroll Search Engines: Switch search engines by scrolling over the search box
...have an Abandoned projects page, which is mostly full of old Firefox extensions. Completely useless now, since the Firefox and Thunderbird APIs have changed so much. I just keep them here because I'm a digital hoarder... :)
...Have created a couple of NPM packages:
- S3 List All Objects: Easily list all objects in a S3 bucket without having to deal with the paging crap.
- Gulp Global Exclude: Exclude folder you don't care about from all Gulp operations.
...sometimes contribute to open source projects.
...have played guitar since I was 11, and recently started playing the Ukulele as well. Sometimes I do some development related to that:
...have written a bunch of blog posts.
...and that's it!